College and Career Readiness
At Lake Ridge New Tech Middle School, we recognize that part of our responsibility is to help middle school students start the process of identifying career paths that are well matched to their strengths and are in demand. As part of this process, students will also identify the needed training and education that is required for the career path they are researching.
As students develop their career plan, they will be able to answer each of the following questions.
- Within a field or work, what careers or jobs are available?
- What are the duties and tasks associated with each career or job?
- What training or education is required?
- Where could I receive the training or education for a career?
- Could I reasonably perform the duties/tasks in this career given proper training and education?
- Is the career projected to be in high demand?
- What is the average compensation for a career?
- Could I reasonably live off of the average compensation for my career?
- What do I need to be doing now to ensure my career choice becomes a reality?
- What do I need to do in high school to ensure my career choice becomes a reality?
We believe that by helping students connect their learning at LRMS with their career goal, their academic performance, along with their behavior, will reach optimal levels.