LRS will be a transformational school community dedicated to excellence in education and having high expectations for students, staff, and community.
Lake Ridge Schools is Changing Learning, Changing Lives, Inspiring Lifelong Possibilities.
- believe that all can achieve
- build relationships, school spirit and a sense of family and belonging
- give students respect and discipline in a positive way
All students deserve an equal opportunity to learn.
School provides a foundation for a lifetime of learning.
Education is a responsibility shared by students, staff, families and the entire community.
School climate contributes to achievement and learning occurs best in a safe and orderly environment based on mutual respect.
Students must have access to quality programs that prepare them for their futures.
Lake Ridge Schools is committed to the modeling and development of the following student traits:
- Motivation to learn at the highest level
- Respect for self, others, and property
- Responsibility, reliability, and accountability
- Ability to work with and get along with others
- Appreciation of diversity
- Ability to set goals, make good choices, and solve problems
- Willingness to give to community and be a good citizen
- Critical thinking and creativity
2009 - 2013
School Board/District Goals
- The Board and Administration will maximize opportunities to improve communication and relationships at all levels of the LRS family.
- All students will demonstrate academic growth in the core content areas (math, language arts, science, and social studies).
2009 - 2013
Administrative Academic Goals
- All students will demonstrate academic growth in the core content areas (math, language arts, science, and social studies) by 10% per year.
- By 2013, LRS will exceed the state's required attendance rate from 95% to 97%.